Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Anthropologie Inspired Necklase

I saw this necklace in the Anthro catalog a few months ago and thought I'd try to replicate it.

Photobucket

I used 22 gauge wire, seed beeds and needle nose jewelery pliers. You can use any kind of small bead, this just happened to be what I had laying around.

I measured out about 18 inches of wire, put a seed bead on the end and made a loop.

Photobucket

Then I started filling up the wire with my beads. I used red beads and then used pink beads for the center 4 inches. Don't do this. Stick with one color.
After you've filled your wire with beads, finish the end with another looped seed bead like in the first picture.

Photobucket

Form your wire into a pretzel shape.

Photobucket

The to form the bow, twist half the pretzel up

Photobucket

And all the way around to finish the bow. I had a few beads pop off doing this. Its ok.
Your bow will still look fine.

Photobucket

Now you can use jump rings to attach it to a chain necklace. I didn't do this becaue I was FRUSTRATED that my light pink area wasn't where I wanted it. That's when I decided its probably best to stick with a solid color, like this Anthro necklace, and I would use a larger bead.

Photobucket

2 comments:

The Feisty Redhead said...

This is gorgeous! I see so many necklaces in Anthropologie that I want. Yours looks just like theirs!

Steven Salvatore said...

123 HP Officejet Pro 8610 setup information such as 123.hp.com/ojpro8610 wireless driver download, wireless network on Mac and Windows